We believe excellent people make excellence happen in the Rio Grande Valley. Join a team that puts the reduction of diabetes in the region above all else. Below you will find openings available to join the team at Unidos Contra La Diabetes (UCD).
Current Open Positions
Collective Impact Facilitator
The Facilitator will be responsible for facilitating all Workgroup meetings, including working with co-chairs in preparing agendas and ensuring the implementation of resulting action items. The Facilitator will also build and maintain strong relationships with current partners and the RGV community and work with the UCD Backbone staff to support their activities. The Facilitator will report to UCD’s Collective Impact Project Director.
Key responsibilities include:
Working with community partners:
- Act as the leading facilitator for all Workgroups, and other meetings as assigned.
- Build relationships and urgency among existing and new UCD members/partners.
- Work with Collective Impact Director to align all activities with Common Agenda and common Indicators.
- Work to strengthen partner/member engagement.
- Outreach to community members and key partners to learn and strengthen diabetes prevention strategies.
- Support the backbone team to implement the five conditions of Collective Impact and monitor UCD’s indicators of success for diabetes prevention.
- Support UCD’s leadership in inspiring sectors of the RGV community and levels of government to align their efforts to a common agenda to enhance diabetes prevention.
- Support UCD in building the capacity of local diabetes prevention leaders and ensure the voices of a range of stakeholders (funders, hospitals, health and wellness organizations, businesses, health professionals, etc.)
Common Agenda coherence:
- Maintain an understanding of Workgroup implementation challenges and working with co-chairs in developing comprehensive solutions to address them.
- In partnership with the Collective Impact Director, provide support to partner organizations in aligning their work to the Common Agenda (e.g., identifying opportunities for program work to support specific goals).
- In partnership with the Collective Impact Director, act as a neutral arbiter to help resolve disputes or disagreements in direction among Workgroups and Steering Committee.
- Coordinate advocacy support activities of partners.
- Attend communities of practice and networks working in Collective Impact, public health, nutrition and food systems.
- Communicate the objectives of UCD to the community and potential partners, including sharing the Common Agenda.
- Plan and manage logistics of and attend community events.
- Work in partnership with the Steering Committee, Workgroups, and the Backbone Team to ensure communication is aligned and consistent in messaging is taking place.
- Support administration of UCD’s social media pages (Facebook, Instagram), website, and newsletter.
- Actively market and promote community solutions, key messages, and outcomes.
Engagement and Participation
- Actively engage community partners and encourage participation in UCD’s activities.
- Encourage and provide support to community partners to engage local residents in offering solutions and ideas for strengthening diabetes prevention in the region.
- Facilitate the communication of information and data to partners and the community to support the ownership of a shared agenda for change in line with UCD’s common agenda and goals.
- Build and strengthen relationships with the various sectors of health, education, sports and recreation, faith-based, wellness, and business groups and encourage their involvement in creating community solutions.
- Contribute to internal and external initiatives that address the drivers of inequity in the local food system and for healthy eating
- Develop and implement project plans, communication plans, and engagement plans.
- Maintain an up-to-date stakeholder database.
- Plan, promote, and coordinate an annual diabetes prevention forum.
Data collection, analysis, and reporting:
- Assist the Data Coordinator with coordinating metrics refinement with Workgroups and Steering Committee.
- Work with the Collective Impact Director to ensure all partners are aware of targets and metrics.
- Assist in creating annual summary reports of progress.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as: community development, community engagement, education or social sciences.
- Minimum 3-years work experience in a related field such as: community development, education, or social services, planning and delivering activities requiring high level community development, community engagement, facilitation and the development of relevant content knowledge.
- Working knowledge of the Collective Impact framework.
- Proven facilitating and/or training skills.
- Advanced degree in business, education, policy or related field.
- Experience working with Collective Impact framework. Knowledge of project management fundamentals and experience managing complex projects.
- Familiarity with the local area and/or focus of the initiative.
- Working proficient verbal and written communication skills; Bi-lingual English-Spanish
ESSENTIALS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated ability to manage the scope, requirements, deliverables, timeline, and resource needs of complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate diverse groups of stakeholders to achieve a common outcome.
- Alignment with UCD’s common agenda to reduce the number of new cases of type II diabetes resulting in a 10 percent reduction in the prevalence of diabetes by 2030.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be an effective and open communicator with multiple audiences, including community-based organizations, all levels of government, philanthropic foundations, researchers and educators, health professionals, and service providers.
- Advanced problem-solving skills to work through and resolve critical challenges.
- Be self-motivated, able to take the initiative, and work under limited supervision.
- Be proactive in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Results-oriented, with demonstrated performance in delivering outcomes and keeping commitments.
Vehicle/Licenses: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice. Must maintain current registration and current automobile liability insurance that is in compliance with Texas Law. Mileage reimbursement provided.
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment or field environment. Must be available to work evenings & weekends at conferences and at training events, with advanced notice.
Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to service providers, staff, and the general public. Ability to communicate professionally and in a timely manner by email and to accomplish written tasks in a fast‐paced organization. Ability to prepare and present on data analysis, findings, and implications to non‐technical audiences.
Composure: Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
Decision‐Making: Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work‐related problems. Decisions should be systemic and not individually based.
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, for any reason.
Two Weeks from Hire Letter
$55,000 – $61,000 DOE
The Collective Impact Director is soliciting applications immediately. Applicants who are interested should submit a current resume with letter of interest and send electronically to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.