We believe excellent people make excellence happen in the Rio Grande Valley. Join a team that puts the reduction of diabetes in the region above all else. Below you will find openings available to join the team at Unidos Contra La Diabetes (UCD).
Unidos Contra la Diabetes is a community partnership dedicated to preventing diabetes. For many years, the members of this partnership have worked diligently to improve the health of children and families in the Rio Grande Valley. Now, we are building on existing efforts and partnerships by coming together as a collective unit to magnify our impact on this important challenge for our community.
Across the RGV, individuals and organizations have come together to collectively form Unidos Contra la Diabetes (UCD) in an effort to reduce the incidence of diabetes by placing integrated care at the forefront and placing emphasis on the need to unite the RGV community to raise diabetes awareness. Specifically, UCD’s goal is to: reduce the number of new cases of type II diabetes in 5 years, resulting in a 10 percent reduction in the prevalence of diabetes by 2030. We are committed to doing this by integrating primary and behavioral health for people at-risk for diabetes in our community, with a particular emphasis on meeting the needs of low-income and underserved populations.
For more information about UCD click here: https://www.ucdrgv.org/join-our-team/
To lead this important work, Unidos Contra la Diabetes (UCD) is seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial Collective Impact Director. The CI Director will be a visionary, dynamic leader, who can grow and lead the Backbone initiative and ensure its sustainability, facilitate the collective success of this regional effort, and serve as a public ambassador for the initiative.
Under the direction of UCD’s Executive Committee, the Collective Impact Director is responsible for leading the initiative towards its goals of sustainably improving outcomes for diabetes prevention, using a collective impact approach and related Theory of Action. Responsibilities include vision-setting, partnership development and engagement, advocacy, annual and multi-year strategic and financial planning, budget management, fundraising, and excellence in talent management.
- Provide visionary, adaptive leadership in support of UCD’s mission and vision.
- Work with the UCD Executive Committee and Co-Chairs to engage Steering Committee members in supporting and advocating for the core tenets of the organization’s work and the community’s priorities.
- Lead and facilitate while clearly adhering to the five tenets of the Collective Impact Model; A Common Agenda, Shared Measurement System, a Mutually Reinforcing Plan of Action, Frequent and Structured Continuous Communication and providing effective Backbone Support.
- Report progress toward shared goals and outcomes regarding key milestones in diabetes prevention and incidence reduction.
- Recruit and retain top performing staff and oversee consulting relationships as approved by the Executive Committee and/or Steering Committee.
- Establish, facilitate and execute effective and open communication with staff, particularly related to internal decisions and strategy.
- Develop systems to share organizational plans with the Executive Committee, Steering Committee, and staff members.
- Manage operational challenges and develop comprehensive solutions to address them.
- Support Diabetes Prevention advocacy initiatives in partnership with community leaders.
- Ensure the development of regular reports to highlight progress toward shared goals and outcomes.
- Serve as the financial steward of Unidos Contra la Diabetes; manage UCD’s budget and report monthly financials to Executive Committee.
- Lead fundraising by identifying, cultivating, and stewarding potential and current funders and participating in relevant networks.
- Maintain effective relationship with Fiscal Sponsor.
- Develop and foster relationships with a variety of community stakeholders, community leaders, and voices from diverse populations to seek advice, build trust, seek participation, and build commitment and engagement from a broad cross section of the RGV community.
- Seek opportunities to present on UCD’s work at conferences.
Facilitation and Stakeholder Management:
- Serve as a strong, neutral, and skilled facilitator who can guide UCD Steering Committee, partners, and stakeholders towards consensus and defined, shared vision and results.
- Plan and facilitate monthly Steering Committee and Executive Committee meetings.
- Work with Executive and Steering Committee to set shared goals, measure progress, and provide regular reports.
- Build UCD’s identity as a respected, neutral convener among a broad spectrum of local stakeholders.
- Build deep relationships with and understand cross-sector (education, social service, business, civic) partners across the RGV area who are connected to and enable the success of diabetes prevention initiatives.
- Ensure effective facilitation of Workgroups.
- Identify and recruit additional cross-sector Steering Committee members and stakeholders to participate in the UCD work.
- Provide direction and support to Steering Committee members and partner organizations in aligning their work to the Common Agenda (e.g., identifying opportunities for program work to support specific goals).
- Provide regular reports on progress against budget, goals, and performance indicators (to appropriate stakeholders).
Shared Strategy and Measurement:
- Oversee the development and implementation of a shared measurement system that will track common outcomes and indicators across the initiative and use results to inform learning and continuous improvement and to communicate them among partners and across the RGV.
- Ensure accountability for collective outcomes and indicators across partners participating in the initiative.
- Oversee the development and coordination of shared regional strategies to drive the improvement of Diabetes awareness, prevention, and reduction outcomes. Achieve full utilization of UCDs shared data system for tracking common outcomes and indicators across systems.
- Support the initiative to perform qualitative and quantitative data collection, analyze findings, and communicate back to local leaders and stakeholders.
- Ensure Executive and Steering Committee partners are kept apprised of goals, objectives, priorities, and successes.
- Identify and engage potential funding sources to support UCD strategies. This includes:
- Seek and secure ongoing funding to maintain and grow the collaborative through:
- Donor stewardship (corporations, individuals, etc.)
- Grant writing (both public and private funding sources)
- Work with UCD members to provide revenue support around collective fund development to support selected strategies and solutions.
- Oversee reporting to funders as required.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including at least 3 years managing teams in a fast-paced nonprofit, education, social enterprise, or business environment.
- Skillful manager with demonstrated problem-solving initiative and ability to deliver results.
- Executive presence to inspire confidence and passion among diverse internal and external audiences.
- Advanced strategy and planning skills, including ability to think strategically on both organizational and systemic levels over multi-year horizons.
- Advanced budgetary and financial management acumen; successful experience working with organizational budgets, balance statements, and financial forecasting.
- Strong data acumen and ability to oversee complex analysis and data systems.
- Serve as a strong, neutral, and skilled facilitator who can guide the team, partners, and stakeholders towards consensus and defined, shared vision and results.
- Experience with complex project and stakeholder management.
- Ability to establish, build and maintain relationships with a cross-sector partners and stakeholders in the RGV region, including hospital administrators, school superintendents, universities, business executives, civic leaders, funders, and non-profit leaders.
- Track record of leading, inspiring and developing high-performance teams.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and cultivating and stewarding donor and funder relationships.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to carry out and prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Genuine enthusiasm for meeting, motivating, and involving people in community activities.
- Experience working in a diverse multi-cultural community.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer and technological literacy and proficiency sufficient to work productively with a remote based work force.
- Advanced degree in business, education, policy or related field.
- Experience working with Collective Impact framework. Knowledge of project management fundamentals and experience managing complex projects.
- Familiarity with the local area and/or focus of the initiative.
- Working proficient verbal and written communication skills; Bi-lingual English-Spanish
Compensation for the position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Start Date: Immediately or as soon as feasible
UCD does not have 501(c)3 status and operates under a Fiscal Sponsorship relationship. All Backbone staff is employed by the Fiscal Sponsor. In addition to being the employer of record, the Fiscal Sponsor serves as UCD’s legal entity and is also the financial fiduciary. Additionally, they provide comprehensive administrative and financial management support.
Though the CI Director is the employee of the Fiscal Sponsor, s/he will report directly to UCD’s Executive Committee. The CI Director will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the UCD Initiative and UCD Executive and Steering Committee will retain autonomy to set strategy and govern the initiative.
All Backbone staff will report to the CI Director and s/he will be responsible for managing and leading their performance against individual and UCD’s goal achievement.
The Search Committee is soliciting applications immediately. Please submit via email current resume, letter of interest, writing sample, and salary requirements before July 13, 2020 to: email@example.com
UCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer